The walls are up !
6.04.2012Stan and his crew have been hard at work. The framing is moving along nicely considering the weather and the delay of some supplies, which I should have ordered sooner. I am learning that I need to be 10 steps ahead of everyone and everything else for the project to move steadily forward. I should have had the footers poured for the front and back porches when Steve poured the concrete floor in the basement. Experience is the best teacher.
The view from the back porch will be awesome once I move all the excavated earth. I was anticipating using some for the backfill of the basement, but it is unsuitable. The clay content is too hign and drainage very poor. I will need to backfill with stone and sand. The rubber membrane for protecting the basement from moisture is ready to be installed, then I can fill in the giant moat around the cabin.
No comments:
Post a Comment