Details...
Prior to the interior ceiling and wall covering, there is a myriad of things to do before the rough-in inspection.
Electrical, coax, phone line (just in case), security system, and doorbell wiring. Maybe I'll just mount a bell at the front door. There should be no problem hearing it throughout the house.
Plumbing. I hate plumbing, but I hate paying a plumber even more, so I get to do it.
HVAC. Jonathan Hutchison and Allen have been working on the duct and inside air handler. That's a job best left to the professionals.
The air handler is in the guest bedroom closet. I'll add some insulated foam panels after it's finished to help dampen the noise. The return air comes from the loft above, down on the right side of the unit, and finally into the bottom of the handler. This Trane unit is a plastic or resin material that will not produce condensation.
Other than cutting the end of the deck boards, adding bolts to the diagonal braces, installing the ceiling fans, putting up the railing, and sealing the wood, the back porch is finished. Chair installed.
The back driveway has been filled to the rough grade. All the storm drain pipes are buried. I will cap the circular, brick junction box with concrete and an access grate. That's about a third of the excavated material from the basement. Top soil will be placed on top to the finished grade and I'll plant some rye grass to stabilize it.
The retaining wall at either side of the house and the balcony will have to wait. I need to get the remainder of the log siding inside and acclimated before putting it on some accent walls.
I've been steadily cleaning all the various debris from around the site. It's so tempting to throw it all away, but I know much of it will be needed for various things.
No comments:
Post a Comment